Do you drive in the UAE? Drivers in the UAE should be familiar with traffic laws (UAE vehicle penalties). All traffic rules must be followed by drivers. UAE has many laws that govern the use of vehicles. Major violations could result in fines or black points (Dubai roads fines). Some violations could lead to the impoundment.
Here are some facts that UAE motorists should know:
1. A fine of Dh400 plus 4 points will be imposed for loud honking and using the vehicle’s radio in a manner that disturbs others.
2. Driving while distracted by a cell phone or other device will lead to a fine of AED 800, and four black points.
3. Children younger than 10 years old or less than 145cm tall will be subject to a fine of AED 400 if they are seated in the front seat.
4. Children under 4 years old must pay a fine of 400 dirhams for being in the car with their parents, even if they are not using a child seat.
5. Passenger and driver who are not wearing a seatbelt will be penalized with AED 400 and 4 black points.
6. You will be fined 500 dirhams if you drive a vehicle which does not comply with safety standards.
7. Penalty of 500 Dirhams for writing or sticking stickers to vehicles without permission
8. Without permission, modifications to the engine or chassis will result in a Dh1,000 fine, 12 black points, and the impoundment of your vehicle for 30 days.
9. Driving with tires that are not in good condition will lead to a Dh500 penalty, 4 black points, and 7-day vehicle impoundment.
10. Vehicle lights not working: A penalty of AED 400 and 6 points.
11. Change of color without permission incurs a fine of 800 dirhams