Resident visa holders can return to the UAE with an entry permit by proving their reasons for staying outside the country for more than 6 months. Resident visa holders should not stay outside the country for more than 6 months. However, the UAE has made its position more liberal in this regard. You can apply for an entry permit directly on the Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP) website along with the circumstances and proof of your long-term stay outside the country.
For this, travel agencies and typing centers have been informed about the change in the visa law. The applicant can return to the country after getting permission from the ICP. The application will be answered within 5 days. Applicant’s information, sponsor’s information, passport copy, and proof of residency should be provided in the application. Along with this, the reason for the delay in return should also be submitted with convincing documents.
The new exemption will benefit thousands of ex-pats, including those who went to the country during the Covid control period. All those who want to return, including those who have come for medical treatment, those who have come for delivery, and those who have come for the needs of parents and children, can avail of this facility. The application should be submitted through the e-channel of ICP.
What was previously required to convince an officer in person has now been completely done online. Residency is automatically revoked if you stay outside the country for more than 6 months. The relaxation in this regard is only for golden visa holders. Golden visa holders can stay outside the country for as long as they want. Their residency will not be canceled because of the lapse of 6 months. The new permit system is part of changes to the country’s visa laws over the past few months.
Anyone with a resident visa can apply for a permit.
- Anyone who has a resident visa in the UAE can apply for a re-entry permit. They must have been out of the country for more than 180 days. Make sure that the visa has not expired.
- The ICP fee is 150 dirhams (Rs 3375) and the entry permit fee is 800 dirhams. Total cost 950 dirhams.
- If the application is rejected, the permit fee of AED 800 will be refunded. No ICP Fees.
- The ICP does not specify the reasons for staying outside the country for more than 180 days. It is only said that the exact reason should be given. The ICP will decide whether the reason given is satisfactory.
- Can apply through an authorized travel agent or ICP’s website. The name of the service is Issue permit for staying outside UAE for over 6 months. It is available in the Smart Services of ICP.
- Permits can be obtained through email. The permit can also be taken as a printout. Only those who get permission can re-enter.
- Applicant’s name, mobile number, email address, information including sponsor’s Emirates ID number, passport number, applicant’s Emirates ID number, gender, date of birth, passport information, and reason for staying outside the country should be applied to the ICP.
If the permit is granted, it should be returned within 30 days
Those whose residence visas have been canceled for staying outside the country for more than 6 months must return to the UAE within 30 days after receiving a re-entry permit.